Easy hand made bread
Recipe type: Bread
- 650g Strong White Bread Flour
- 10ml salt
- 5ml sugar
- 10ml dried yeast
- 400ml warm water (1 part boiling, 2 parts cold)
- In a warm bowl mix flour, salt, sugar and stir in yeast.
- Add warm water and mix to soft dough.
- Knead for 10 mins on a warm floured surface.
- If making loaves, divide evenly between two warmed 450g (1lb) tins
- If making rolls divide into 50-75g (2-3oz) balls and shape on warm baking sheets.
- Cover and leave to rise for about 30 min in a warm place, or until dough has doubled in size.
- Place in middle of a preheated oven at 230°C (450°F, Gas mark 8).
- Bake for 30-35 min (15 min for rolls).
- Remove from oven and turn onto wire tray.