Beginners Quiche recipe
A gentle introduction to the world of quiche making. Once this simple version has been mastered the variations are endless...
- 1 pack of pastry (or make your own)
- 4 free range eggs
- Approx 250ml of milk (or cream)
- 150g mature cheddar cheese (grated)
- Extra fillings (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C
- Line an oven proof dish with the pastry.
- Blind bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool a little bit
- In a measuring jug break 4 free range eggs
- Make up to the half pint mark with creme fraiche, milk or cream.
- Add a bit of pepper and some mixed herbs
- Mix together just enough to blend it all
- Sprinkle the chosen fillings (chopped cooked bacon, onion, mushrooms, peppers etc) over the pastry base
- Add some of the cheese to the fillings as you go
- Pour the egg mixture over the fillings into the pastry lined dish.
- Add the remaining grated cheese on top of the mixture.
- Bake for about 30-45 minutes - until the egg mixture has set and risen.
Apapted from: http://www.netmums.com/family-food/recipes/a-z-of-family-recipes/easy-quiche