Weekend achievements

Something that has been on my list of things to get around to one day has been the re-glazing of the cold frame. This is an existing cold frame which had problems right from the start when I got it a few years ago – I broke a couple of the panes just putting it together!

At the time I decided to use perspex so that my clumsy repair attempts would end in the loss of more glass or may be worse a couple of fingers!

This approach worked fairly well until it became clear that it wasn’t the best way to do it when the perspex sagged a bit on the top. However by that point I’d lost the will to live and didn’t need it so much anyway because the weather had warmed up.

Now that I have properly re-glazed and reassembled the whole structure it looks as good as new to my untrained eye. I’m sure that this year’s harvest will be noticeably improved as a result – failing that at least some of the earlier plantings will stand a bit more chance of success.

A thing of beauty as I’m sure you’ll all agree and I’m just ignoring the fact that this replacement glass probably cost more than a new one!!

Fully glazed cold frame

image

Please leave any comments or questions and I'll respond as soon as possible

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.